DIRECT ENTRIES AND NOMINATIONS WELCOME
Who will be named edie’s Business Leader of the Year 2023? Recognising the inspiring leaders who are walking the walk on sustainability and accelerating climate action this award is for the chief executives and senior executives who are leading from the top; driving positive environmental and social change within their organisations and sparking new ideas and actions in their industry and beyond.
Please complete all fields below. We recommend that you write the body of your entry in a separate Word document and then copy and paste it into the form below, to prevent any of your entry copy being lost.
Each entry in this category will be assessed against four PRIMARY CRITERIA, as detailed below. All parts of the primary criteria are weighted equally. Please then use the SECONDARY CRITERIA field to add any information not covered in the primary criteria. Please bear in mind that the secondary criteria will only be used by judges when no clear winner can be determined using the primary criteria alone.
- Please provide a clear, concise summary of the entry. Why does this individual deserve to win this award?
(Max. 100 words)
- Leadership and vision
- How has the individual helped to shape/deliver the sustainability/CSR strategy of their organisation, or the broader environmental agenda?
- How has the individual demonstrated leadership qualities to promote environmental/social sustainability?
- How has the individual overcome challenges associated with key issues such as the Covid-19 pandemic and the energy/cost of living crises to ensure sustainability remains high on the agenda for their organisation and/or industry?
(Max. 200 words)
2. Inspiration and engagement
- How has the individual inspired and empowered others to take new sustainable business actions and/or change behaviours?
- What management skills and techniques has the individual displayed in engaging with key stakeholders to drive their vision forward?
- How has the individual displayed business leadership qualities and a sound commercial understanding to achieve desired outcomes?
(Max. 200 words)
3. Commitment and delivery
- How has the individual demonstrated full commitment to their organisation’s vision/strategy, and to the wider sustainability agenda?
- What direct results has the individual driven through their own work and approaches?
- How is the individual ‘walking the walk’ on sustainability and leading by example when it comes to achieving a sustainable future for their organisation?
(Max. 200 words)
4. Going above and beyond
- What skills and qualities has the individual displayed to make their vision and approach stand out?
- Has this individual’s leadership driven change on a wider scale (outside of the organisation) and, if so, how?
- What future plans does this individual have in place to continue to drive the green business agenda forward?
(Max. 200 words)
(Max. 250 words in total for this section)
Raising industry standards
- How has the individual displayed a passion for the global climate agenda?
- How is the individual effectively engaging with others to drive engagement with the global climate agenda?
- What leadership skills has the individual displayed in encouraging and driving action outside of their organisation?
- Are the details of this entry available within the public domain? If so, where and how can those details be accessed?
Please provide one key achievement from 2022 which you think sums up your entry – for example, levels of reduction achieved; financial savings or other business benefits driven. If the entry is successful, this achievement may be used on the night of the awards and in post-event editorial coverage.
The contents of this entry may be used by edie for our Awards brochures and as a case study for the edie website. If there are any elements of the entry that you do not wish to be published, please let us know in the below box.
HEADSHOT & COMPANY LOGO
Please upload a high-resolution (EPS, GIFF, or similar) headshot and company logo of the individual’s organisation to accompany this entry. If the entry is successful, this logo will be used on the night of the awards and in post-event editorial coverage.
Please upload up to three high-resolution photos (JPG or similar) to accompany your entry. Photos should directly relate to the business/project/product; or to the individual/team being put forward in the entry. These photos will be displayed during the awards ceremony.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (OPTIONAL)
Please use this option to provide any further references/documentation which you feel may support this entry. For example, reports/fact sheets/links to relevant online information. Please note: we cannot guarantee this information will be viewed in full by our judges, but any additional information provided will only serve to strengthen the entry. If providing multiple files here, please condense them into one zipped folder.