Who will be crowned Lloyds Bank Sustainable Business of the Year 2023? This special award recognises the organisation that has taken its environmental, social and financial performance to new heights in an effort to achieve a sustainable future, today. The long-standing award is for the businesses that are scaling up commitments and actions across all areas of corporate sustainability to advance the green economy.
Please complete all fields below. We recommend that you write the body of your entry in a separate Word document and then copy and paste it into the form below, to prevent any of your entry copy being lost.
Each entry in this category will be assessed against five PRIMARY CRITERIA, as detailed below. All parts of the primary criteria are weighted equally. Please then use the SECONDARY CRITERIA field to add any information not covered in the primary criteria. Please bear in mind that the secondary criteria will only be used by judges when no clear winner can be determined using the primary criteria alone.
- Please provide a clear, concise summary of the entry. Why does this organisation deserve to be crowned Lloyds Bank Sustainable Business of the Year?
(Max. 100 words)
- Business leadership and a green recovery
- What new, bold actions has the organisation taken within the past 12 months to take the lead on sustainability; reduce environmental impacts and promote the low-carbon economy?
- What specific progress has the organisation made across the key areas of Energy, Resources, Mobility, and The Built Environment?
- How has the organisation championed environmental and social sustainability through key national issues such as the Covid-19 pandemic and energy/cost of living crises; and how is it helping to drive a green recovery from these issues?
(Max. 200 words)
2. Empowerment and engagement
- Who is responsible for developing sustainability targets and driving performance, and how is that performance being measured and incentivised?
- How is sustainability being effectively embedded within the core business and aligned with its overarching purpose?
- How has the organisation engaged with its various stakeholders (employees, customers, investors etc) on key sustainability issues?
(Max. 200 words)
3. Delivering results
- What environmental/social changes and improvements has the organisation seen as a result of its recent sustainability commitments?
- How has the organisation used sustainability to gain a competitive edge and maximise stakeholder benefits?
- How has the organisation’s sustainability progress helped to drive change across the wider industry (outside of own operations)?
(Max. 200 words)
4. Achieving a sustainable future
- How is the organisation managing business growth/operational changes against environmental impact?
- What focus has the organisation placed on supporting the next generation of sustainability professionals and leaders?
- What is the organisation’s sustainability strategy for the future? And how does this strategy reflect the global climate agenda?
(Max. 200 words)
(Max. 250 words in total for this section)
Realising transformational change
- What actions has the organisation taken – specifically within the past 12 months – to accelerate progress around sustainability?
- How does this entry go beyond ‘business as usual’?
- How has the organisation aligned itself with global climate and sustainability frameworks (e.g. science-based targets, the Sustainable Development Goals)?
- Are details of this entry available within the public domain? If so, how can they be accessed?
Please provide one key fact/stat which you think sums up your entry – for example, levels of reduction achieved; financial savings or particular business benefits. If the entry is successful, this stat may be used on the night of the awards and in post-event editorial coverage.
The contents of this entry may be used by edie for our Awards brochures and as a case study for the edie website. If there are any elements of the entry that you do not wish to be published, please let us know in the below box.
Please upload a high-resolution (EPS, GIFF, or similar) logo of the organisation to accompany this entry. If the entry is successful, this logo will be used on the night of the awards and in post-event editorial coverage.
Please upload up to three high-resolution photos (JPG or similar) to accompany your entry. Photos should directly relate to the business/project/product; or to the individual/team being put forward in the entry. These photos will be displayed during the awards ceremony.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (OPTIONAL)
Please use this option to provide any further references/documentation which you feel may support this entry. For example, reports/fact sheets/links to relevant online information. Please note: we cannot guarantee this information will be viewed in full by our judges, but any additional information provided will only serve to strengthen the entry. If providing multiple files here, please condense them into one zipped folder.