ENTRY TO THIS AWARD IS FREE FOR ALL MEMBERS OF THE ENERGY LEADERS CLUB (BUT CAN STILL BE ENTERED FOR A COST BY NON-CLUB MEMBERS) - members please contact email@example.com for your code
All shortlisted finalists will get one year affiliate Energy Institute membership which is worth £120.
- DIRECT ENTRIES AND NOMINATIONS WELCOME
This special award recognises outstanding individual performances in energy and carbon management. The long-standing award, held in association with the Energy Institute, celebrates the in-house energy leaders, managers and practitioners who are driving success through implementing and enhancing their organisation’s energy efficiency strategies; deploying new energy technologies and systems; and engaging employees and other key stakeholders to improve energy performance on the road to a net-zero carbon economy.
Please complete all fields below. We recommend that you write the body of your entry in a separate Word document and then copy and paste it into the form below, to prevent any of your entry copy being lost.
Each entry in this category will be assessed against five PRIMARY CRITERIA, as detailed below. All parts of the primary criteria are weighted equally. Please then use the SECONDARY CRITERIA field to add any information not covered in the primary criteria. Please bear in mind that the secondary criteria will only be used by judges when no clear winner can be determined using the primary criteria alone.
Summary of entry*
- Please provide a clear, concise summary of the entry. Why does this individual deserve to win this award?
(Max. 100 words)
- Leadership and vision*
- How has the individual driven forward the energy/carbon management of their organisation, or of the broader energy/net-zero agenda?
- What plans, measures and technologies has the individual developed and implemented to improve energy performance and/or cut carbon?
- How has the individual taken a particularly innovative and visionary approach to energy and carbon management over the past 12 months?
(Max. 200 words)
- Delivery and engagement*
- What specific actions has the individual taken to achieve energy management and/or carbon reduction goals?
- How has the individual overcome challenges associated with the Covid-19 pandemic to ensure energy management and carbon reduction are focused on throughout the organisation?
- How has the individual informed, educated and engaged customers, colleagues and/or the supply chain to enhance their organisation’s energy management approach?
(Max. 200 words)
- Building the business case*
- How did the individual gain buy-in from senior management around key energy projects?
- What skills did the individual display in securing funding for particular energy management projects or initiatives?
- How has the individual demonstrated a sound commercial understanding to guarantee the success of particular energy/carbon projects or initiatives?
(Max. 200 words)
- How has the individual innovated or pioneered new approaches to achieve energy management and/or carbon reduction success?
- In what ways has the individual promoted technological innovations within their organisation and to other stakeholders?
- What focus has the individual placed on new technologies and innovations to ensure continual improvement around energy management?
(Max. 200 words)
- How has this person identified, measured and reported impacts to gauge the effectiveness of the overall strategy and specific projects and initiatives?
- What energy and carbon savings has the individual directly helped their organisation achieve?
- What other results has the individual driven through their energy management leadership (e.g. environmental, financial, organisational, personal)?
(Max. 250 words)
(Max. 250 words in total for this section)
Raising industry standards*
- How has the individual taken a strategic approach to further the broader energy management agenda?
- How has the individual shown a commitment to enhance the contribution that the energy industry makes to society?
- How has the individual championed the industry among the younger generation, and promoted greater diversity in the energy field?
- Are the details of this entry available within the public domain?
- If so, where and how can those details be accessed?
Please provide one key achievement from 2020 which you think sums up your entry – for example, levels of reduction achieved; financial savings or other business benefits driven. If the entry is successful, this achievement may be used on the night of the awards and in post-event editorial coverage.
HEADSHOT & COMPANY LOGO*
Please upload a high-resolution (EPS, GIFF, or similar) headshot and company logo of the individual’s organisation to accompany this entry. If the entry is successful, this logo will be used on the night of the awards and in post-event editorial coverage.
Please upload up to three high-resolution photos (JPG or similar) to accompany your entry. Photos should directly relate to the business/project/product; or to the individual/team being put forward in the entry. These photos will be displayed during the virtual awards ceremony.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (OPTIONAL)
Please use this option to provide any further documentation which you feel may support this entry – for example, reports/fact sheets/links to relevant online information. Please note: we cannot guarantee this information will be viewed by the judges in full. If providing multiple files here, please condense them into one zipped folder.