9 May 2018
Registration, networking & exhibition
Introduction from conference chair
Author and strategist
ALIGNING COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES WITH GLOBAL OBJECTIVES
The next generation of strategy: long and short-term goals
– Doing communications ‘smartly’
– 2025 strategies and beyond
– The role of brands in communicating sustainability where governments aren’t
Director, global corporate responsibility, IHG
The art of building shared vision
– Embedding Shell’s global social cause into the heart of their strategy
– How to mobilise a range of stakeholders in a complex, vast global organisation spanning 80 countries
– How to harness the businesses’ energy, so they see their drive to reduce and repurpose waste as a must do… with business benefit
Head of global communications, Shell Retail
In conversation with edie content director Luke Nicholls: how P&G is using its brands as a force for good and growth
Vice president, global sustainability, Procter & Gamble
Questions, interactive polling and panel discussion: do the SDGs provide more opportunity for communications departments?
– Do consumers care about the SDGs?
– How can we make the SDGs more fun for consumers?
Refreshments, networking & exhibition
BUILDING TRUST THROUGH MEANINGFUL COMMUNICATION
The role of communication in making a business model more sustainable
– Linking your sustainability story with your values
– Engaging with key stakeholders
– Communicating your brand’s values
EMEA director of sustainability, Canon
Repurposing your brand’s values – how to move from corporate messaging to creating new behaviours
– Knowing your story, why it matters and how it links to your values
– The importance of effective consultation and co-creation – and how to get it right!
– Having proud owners of the story – creating the new ‘brand ambassadors’
Managing director & co-founder, Given London
Engaging different audiences in your sustainability story
– The psychology of story-telling
– Getting the narrative right and finding common ground with key stakeholders
Head of corporate transparency, Vodafone Group
Communicating with customers across the sustainability spectrum
– Costa’s Force for Good programme: influence on customers
– Engaging consumers and understanding their values
– Building long-term relationships through meaningful communication
Interactive polling, questions and answers
Table discussions: keeping your sustainability story alive
– How to keep the momentum going once your story is set
– Methods to engage stakeholders and ensure that your message is crystal clear
– When things go wrong, is it best to keep the narrative going or to change it?
Buffet lunch, networking & exhibition
Delegates should choose to attend one workshop. Spaces will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to maximum capacities.
WORKSHOP 1: FROM NOUGHT TO 60 – FAST, FURIOUS (AND FUN): ONE HOUR CAMPAIGN CREATION
– Work with the team of illustrators, designers and content specialists to co-create a sustainability campaign from start to finish
– Use your skills and experience to distil complex problems into something creative and compelling, and bring your ideas to life
– Move on to a campaign plan, focusing on metrics and reach – so by minute 60, you’ll have the full campaign shaped up and ready to roll!
Managing director, Creative Concern
WORKSHOP 2: HOW TO BE BETTER: POWERFUL SUSTAINABILITY COMMUNICATIONS
Meet the people who come up with the hooks, the big ideas and the campaign plans. Those who translate sustainability stories into powerful visuals, compelling narratives and effective campaigns across the globe, helping businesses to achieve their goals and build trust in their brands.
– How they get from discovery to measurement?
– When and why they might ‘ideate’?
– What is a rendering farm or a thunderclap?
– When it’s important to incorporate analytics, and the right time to pursue earned media?
Managing director, Flag
Refreshments, networking & exhibition
LET’S GET TOGETHER…YEAH YEAH YEAH
Taking the first steps to internal alignment and employee engagement
– Building an internal communication strategy: initial progress and future opportunities
– The challenges in aligning values and combatting conflict of interest
– How to get your organisation singing a new sustainability song
Senior manager CSR, procurement, John Lewis Partnership
Airspace change: the role of engagement and partnership
– Engaging with a variety of stakeholders to balance change
– Building trust and converting the sceptics
– The role of effective communication
Environment manager, Birmingham Airport
Opportunities for communications coalitions
– The value of innovative partnerships
– Reaching and engaging new audiences
– Where are the opportunities with NGOs and charities?