7 MARCH 2022 – PRE-CONFERENCE SEMINAR
1:00 pmAchieving a net-zero carbon, circular economy is no utopian fantasy. Courageous leaders are already making it real, with principals and strategies that deliver the scale of change and transformation the world so desperately needs. But with this level of transformation comes greater responsibility, and new skillsets. Hosted in association with the Sustainability Leaders Forum 2022, edie’s Leadership Skills Seminars bring together sustainability and CSR professionals of all levels for an intensive half-day of panel discussions and practical masterclasses – all focused on closing the sustainability skills gap and enhancing professional development. From communication and team management through to career mobility and innovation, the Seminars will be packed with actionable insights, acting as the perfect follow-on from the more strategic Sustainability Leaders Forum.
THE LEADERSHIP SKILLS SEMINARS
Event opens; Chair’s welcome and opening remarks
Content director - edie
Keynote: The future of business leadership: Sustainability, skills and a just transition
- Closing the sustainability skills gap: Policy and educational priorities
- Diversity and inclusion in sustainability and energy: What must happen next?
- How you can lead the change required to achieve a sustainable future
Director - Ripple & Co
Leadership Panel: Becoming a highly effective sustainability leader
- Mapping out the skills and traits of future business leaders
- The crucial importance of collaboration and teamwork to maximise results
- Prioritising health and well-being, and avoiding ‘burnout’
Refreshment break and networking
COMMUNICATIONS & ENGAGEMENT MASTERCLASS
- Practical examples of consumer engagement in the digital era
- Influencing upwards and securing buy-in from managers/directors
- Overcoming institutional inertia and challenging ‘fixed’ mindsets in your business
- Telling the right story, in the right way, to the right people, at the right time!
30 Under 30 panel: The next generation of business leaders
- Inspirational career stories from edie’s Class of 2019 & 2022
- What current business leaders can learn from the next generation
- Career advice for up-and-coming sustainability and climate action leader