Before the coronavirus pandemic grabbed headlines around the world, 2020 was touted as being a major year for the climate emergency. While the COVID crisis continues to demand attention from business and political leaders around the world, the need to accelerate our response to the climate emergency remains.
In a post-COVID world, what will the priorities be around redesigning and redeploying finance to stimulate the economy? And how can business and political leaders combine efforts to tackle both the climate and economic challenges that lie ahead?
On a more granular level, many questions around disclosure remain. What does effective disclosure look like? What role does standardisation need to play to accelerate the integration of ESG into investment decision making? How do we resolve the discrepancies between leaders and laggards when it comes to effective disclosure? And what do various degrees of data quality and quantities mean for sustainable investment as a whole?
With myriad strategies and frameworks at play, how do multinational organisations and investors cut through the noise to demonstrate material impact? And who is best placed to decide what is indeed financially material?
Building on the success of edie’s Sustainability Leaders Forum, the 2021 Digital Sustainable Investment Conference will unite corporates, asset managers and asset owners among other key stakeholders, for frank and open discussion around disclosure priorities, roadblocks and innovations.
This event is being hosted as part of edie’s Countdown to COP26 Festival – a six-month programme of digital content and events which will unite thousands of business leaders, sustainability and energy professionals, policymakers, academics and green groups in the run-up to the COP26 climate talks. Find out more at edie.net/COP26
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Asset managers: CEOs, partners, managing directors, portfolio managers and department heads tasked with responsible investment, ESG strategy and sustainable finance
- Asset owners: CEOs, managing directors, chairpersons, chief investment officers, and advisors
- Corporates: CEOs, CFOs, board members, treasurers, and senior managers responsible for investor relations, sustainability and stakeholder engagement
- Regulators & policymakers: Director generals and heads of business, industry, investment, climate change, clean growth, and SDGs
- Stock exchanges: CEOs, chief risk officers, and directors of capital markets
- NGOs & industry bodies: CEOs, chairmen, managing directors, vice presidents, and heads of investor research, corporate governance research and ESG
- Ratings agencies: CEOs, managing directors, presidents, and heads of sustainable finance, ESG and investor services
- Financial data providers: CEOs and directors responsible for product development, client solutions, analytics, business development and research
- Consultants: Managing directors, partners and directors responsible for sustainability, responsible investment, impact investing and ESG
Digest high-value content on your terms: tune in on the day for thought-leading presentations with Q&A or consume them on demand after the event
Network without limits: access an engaged global audience of high-profile experts shaping the future of sustainable investment at the touch of a button
Shape your own experience: have your say through live polling, focused discussion groups and direct access to speakers and/or sit back and observe the dialogue that suits your needs
edie is an industry-leading, purpose-driven business media brand that empowers sustainability, energy and environmental professionals of all levels to make business more sustainable through award-winning content and events.
The edie network includes the flagship edie website which powers our content; a portfolio of content-led sustainability and energy events which brings that content to life; the UK’s biggest sustainability and energy exhibition, Net-Zero Live; the high-level Sustainability Leaders Forum and inspirational Sustainability Leaders Awards; and three dedicated communities of sustainability, energy and future business leaders.
Ultimately, our goal is to build an army of changemakers – from young, aspiring sustainability and energy professionals through to senior, c-suite level decision-makers – in an effort to tackle the climate emergency and transform business, for good.
For more information, visit: edie.net