DAY TWO: 14 July 2021
Welcome from edie
Introduction from conference chair
- Richard Howitt
Strategic advisor on corporate responsibility and former CEO - IIRC
Speed networking - connect with attendees in our roulette-style speed networking session
TRANSITIONING TO THE NET-ZERO ECONOMY
Keynote: Harnessing global capital markets and the international financial architecture to drive the transition to Net-Zero
- Steve Waygood
Chief responsible investment officer - Aviva Investors
Panel: Engagement vs. Divestment: How to structure a win-win engagement strategy?
- Discussing proactive approaches to engage and promote positive change
- What are the costs of divestment, and benefits and risks of negative screening?
- A new wave of B2B sustainability collaboration - what are the challenges and opportunities of the investor and corporate sides?
- Jennifer Anderson
Managing director, Co-Head of sustainable investment and ESG - Lazard Asset Management
- Nina Roth
Director, responsible investment - BMO Global Asset Management
- Rachael Everard
Head of sustainability - Rolls-Royce
- Leon Kamhi
Head of responsibility - Federated Hermes International
Take a break
EU Taxonomy: Better understanding and application to drive real impact
- Defining the rules and thresholds for what qualifies as environmentally sustainable
- Eliminating confusion: Benchmarking sustainable investment through the application of EU Taxonomy
- Tomas Vaclavicek
Financial economist - EU Commission
Take a break
Virtual booth tour - discover innovative solutions by walking our virtual exhibition floor
Panel: Empowering Green Finance through Fintech and the Big Data
- Exploring current trends and demand drivers around green financial products
- How are technologies changing our perception of data and helping us to ensure reliability?
- Why financial industry should adopt a technology-driven approach to ESG?
- What makes a good green product in a post-COVID climate?
- Sam Tripuraneni
Director and lead sustainable product strategies for EMEA - BlackRock
Introduction & Welcome
- Luke Nicholls
Content director - edie
Virtual Workshop: Building the momentum: ESG as the "New Normal" for modern finance
- Dos and Don’ts of effective integrating of ESG standards into your investment process
- Environmental, Social & Governance elements: Finding the key to balance them out
- ESG risks: What is particularly relevant to the modern reality?
Close of day two