DAY 1 - Ambition into action
Welcome and introduction
Content director - edie
Co-founder - Futerra
Keynote: Our COP26 legacy: Shaping the future of climate leadership
- Three months on: Assessing the impacts of COP26 on sustainable business
- Accelerating climate action: The business catalysts and policy enablers
- Seizing the opportunities for private, public and industry collaboration in 2022
Keynote: Our purpose: Making business a force for good in 2022
- Sustainable Development Goals: How can we regain momentum?
- Bridging the gaps between environmental and social sustainability
- Climate adaptation & social resilience: Protecting people and systems
Plenary: Our just transition: Building a fairer, socially sustainable net-zero carbon economy
- Climate and racial justice: Leading the fight
- Social justice: moving from acknowledgement into action
- Mechanisms and frameworks to support your just transition
Networking break and refreshments
PICK A TOPIC OF YOUR CHOICE
Delegates will have the opportunity to choose from two streams
STREAM A: Winning the race to zero
To net-zero and beyond: Strategies for effective climate leadership
- Top-down and bottom-up: Engaging leadership and building a net-zero culture
- Aligning net zero carbon strategies with core business purpose
- SMEs and net-zero: Decarbonisation pathways and opportunities
Andreas Ahrens, Head of climate, Inter IKEA Group
Cristina Kenz, Chief growth officer, The Kraft Heinz Company
Paul Rhodes, Head of sustainability and SHE, Greggs
Shirley Rodrigues, Deputy mayor for environment and energy, London
Marc Engel, Chief supply chain officer, Unilever
STREAM B: Becoming nature-positive
Biodiversity and nature-based solutions: A business call to action
- Measuring, managing and mitigating our impacts on nature
- The role of innovation in scaling up nature-based solutions and biomimicry
- How can we adapt practices to be less carbon intensive and less demanding of the land?
- What are the creative solutions for repairing degraded ecosystems?
- Assessing the legislation that regulates business impact on biodiversity
Akanksha Khatri, Head of Nature Action Agenda, World Economic Forum
Professor Nathalie Seddon, Director, Nature-based Solutions Initiative, Oxford University
Tony Juniper, Chair, Natural England
Dr Darren Moorcroft, Chief Executive, Woodland Trust
WORKSHOPS: CHOOSE YOUR SUSTAINABILITY PATH
Workshops will be run in-person in London, encouraging interaction and peer-to-peer collaboration for future problem solving, starting with a panel discussion and followed by an interactive roundtable exercise. Conclusions will be recorded for watching on-demand later – so whether you are joining us online or in London, you can watch the key takeaways from all sessions.
WORKSHOP A: Ensuring reporting is accurate, transparent and delivers for stakeholders
- How should we measure and report climate impacts to deliver decarbonisation at scale?
- How do we gather the right data for reporting and improve accuracy?
- Convergence of reporting frameworks – how to create a more standardised approach to metrics and SFDR
- Mis-reporting carbon emission data, how do we get it right?
Jennifer Motles, Chief sustainability officer, Philip Morris International
WORKSHOP B: Progressing the pace of plastic reduction and packaging innovation
- The packaging landscape: alternative materials and innovative solutions
- How to bring customers and stakeholders on the journey
- What political, organisational and infrastructural challenges remain and where are the opportunities?
- A practical look at what can be done today in your organisation
Tom Domen, Global head of long term innovation, Ecover
Andrew Almack, Founder and chief executive, Plastics For Change
Will Pearson, CEO, Ocean Bottle
WORKSHOP C: Establishing meaningful partnerships to drive systemic change
- Looking beyond the capabilities of individual businesses and industries
- Identifying joint opportunities for collaboration and partnerships
- Collaboration not competition: breaking down competitive barriers
- CASE STUDY: building a toolkit for innovative sustainability partnerships
Sally Uren, CEO, Forum for the Future
Steve Butterworth, CEO, Neighbourly
WORKSHOP D: De-bunking net-zero terminology: translating net-zero goals into tangible action
- Who is cheating? Or are they just misunderstood?
- How to identify practical offsetting opportunities and schemes
- Real-life net-zero successes and fails: key learnings for sustainability leaders
- How to move from ambitious net-zero goals into tangible actions, what can we do today?
Tom Hayes, Councillor, Oxford City Council
Will Ennett, Head of sustainability, TalkTalk
George Richards, Director, JRP Solutions
Networking and refreshments
Problem solving networking roundtables
- Using data to decarbonise your supply chain
- The future of transport: working towards net-zero
- Communication and engagement for sustainability leadership
KEYNOTE PANEL: Young voices powering the future of sustainability
The influence of young voices on company strategies and values is growing. We give a panel of young visionaries a platform to discuss what businesses and governments need to be doing today to build a greener and fairer future.
Closing remarks from forum chair
Co-founder - Futerra